DUCKTALK.NET    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  DUCKTALK  Hop To Forums  CRUISE REPORTS    WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
 Login/Join 
posted
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Below is a list of Seahorse Marine built boats and where they are now, to the best of my knowledge.
There is no pride in ownership of this report, as Obama would say, so feel free to chirp in with corrections or updates. Some of the below I just guessed at or made up anyway so correct me if I spelled your name wrong or listed someone else as the owner of your boat.

462-1 The very first three digit Diesel Duck built by SHM. It was commissioned by Martin Bordelon. Martin and some crew took the boat to the Philippines in early 2005. Later that year the boat was returned to the yard for some polishing and cleanup and shipped to Seattle, Martin’s hometown. Martin eventually sold the boat and I believe the new owners have it still in Seattle.

462-2 The owners are Dave and Dorothy Nagle. They have cruised Hong Kong, the Philippines, back to Hong Kong, crossed the Northern Pacific and are now in Alaska. I understand their goal is a slip in Seattle to use as their base. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/sempergumbi/

462-3 The owners are John and Jerie Milici and their boat was shipped to the US East Coast where the two have lived on it for the last three years while doing some short cruises from their home port in Connecticut. In June they both retired and are now cruising full time.

462-4 The owners are David and Jamie Fritsch. This boat probably has more water under its keel than any other listed here. They left the boatyard and went to Hong Kong, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, back to the Philippines, across the Pacific, down the West Coast of North America, through the Panama Canal, and I believe the boat is on the US Northeast Coast somewhere.

462-5 I’m sitting on this boat so I, Randal Johnson must be one of the owners, Ruth Johnson is the other. We left the boatyard at the beginning of June, 2007, spent one month at Hebe Haven, Hong Kong, ten months in Subic Bay, Philippines, two more months cruising South out of the Philippines to Kota Kinabalu, East Malaysia where we stayed for a month, and then the next several months cruising through Indonesia stopping in Sebana Cove, West Malaysia just six miles East of Singapore. We took the boat over to Singapore for the months of February and March this year. Upon returning to the boat from a visit back to the US by plane in late May, we participated in Sail Malaysia, Passage to The East that ended on August 2nd right back here in Kota Kinabalu where we are now.
Our plan is to take the boat back to West Malaysia, up the West Coast to Langkawi where we will try to get Dora Mac in tip top shape for a passage across the Indian Ocean and up through the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. That’s as far as we have planned but we intend to stay in the Med for several years at least.

462-6 The boat with the chilly name “ICE” belongs to Don and Margie McIntyre. It is calmly awaiting its adventurous owner’s return in Subic Bay, Philippines. At some point Don and Margie intend to take ICE to higher latitudes thus the name.

462-7 Robert Straghan’s boat, the first 462 motorsailor, if you don’t count ICE which has a ketch rig, is still in Subic next to ICE. Robert plans to eventually move the boat to Thailand, his adopted home.

462-8 Belongs to Andrew Chan and as far as I know is still in Hong Kong.

462-9 Bob and Margaret Jack fell into the same trap many of us have when they stopped at Subic on their way to Australia, they stayed. Cheap food, cheap labor, cheap alcohol, cheap alcohol, and of course, cheap alcohol. Oh yeah, and friendly people. I think the Subic Bay Yacht Club is going to be named a Diesel Duck Sanctuary. I told you I was going to make stuff up, for all I know Bob and Margaret don’t drink but I bet they eat.

462-10 Belongs to John and Dena Hesser. There boat was shipped back to the US West Coast and they’re enjoying themselves in wonderful Ensenada, Mexico. FFubar if they won’t let sail assisted trawlers participate.

462-11 Is still under construction but spoken for by a lady in Montreal, Canada.

382-1 Owner Brian Saunders Was the first ¾ version of the 462 built. It cruised the Philippines for awhile back at the beginning of 2008 but was eventually shipped back to the US Northwest Coast where it is based now. I understand it can be bought if the right person comes along. That would be any person with the right attitude. That would be any attitude of any person with the right amount of money. I cry every time I see this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn73KAYs8A8

382-2 Belongs to none other than that fanciful Frenchman Ben Ben. Ben chose to give his boat the sea trial of a lifetime by taking it from Hong Kong to the Philippines during Typhoon Frank. Both Ben and the boat faired okay but Buoyweather will not soon be forgiven. Ben was in Subic for awhile but his plans were to take it to West Australia and surf forever or until he’s 90 years old. I did see a post somewhere from him saying he would sell the boat. Don’t take that too seriously though. Sometimes in a fit of rage or a moment of paralyzing fear I would give this boat away but it passes and the price skyrockets.

382-3 Dean Phelps is probably having more fun than anyone I know. His boat was shipped back to the US East Coast and is now in Solomons, Maryland where it will participate in the Trawlercrawl at Trawlerfest there next month. Dean is busy taking trips here and there and hopes one day to take the boat with him. I do hear he plans to take it to Lake Michigan next summer------maybe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOvaCV6uQp8

382-4 Is in Moscow. If there is any justice in the world the Russians will disassemble the Chinese built boat, duplicate it, and flood the market with cheap copies.

462-S1 This first sedan built on a 462 hull has been shipped to the US West Coast for its owner Hugh Palmer. The boat is being stored near Seattle while Hugh is in Chicago I think. Can you fill us in Hugh?

462-S2 Belongs to Marcia and Kurt Hansen and is nearing completion. My understanding is there will be some cruising around the Hong Kong area before the boat is shipped to their home in Seattle.

Four other sedans are under construction.
There is also a fellow in Singapore, George Petty, who has bought a used Coot in Hong Kong and has done some serious passage making with it, one passage of nine days, two storms, and one of five days.

Location: Doing the Diesel Duck Great Loop | Registered: 10 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any updates anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by Ruth & Randal Johnson:
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Below is a list of Seahorse Marine built boats and where they are now, to the best of my knowledge.
There is no pride in ownership of this report, as Obama would say, so feel free to chirp in with corrections or updates. Some of the below I just guessed at or made up anyway so correct me if I spelled your name wrong or listed someone else as the owner of your boat.

462-1 The very first three digit Diesel Duck built by SHM. It was commissioned by Martin Bordelon. Martin and some crew took the boat to the Philippines in early 2005. Later that year the boat was returned to the yard for some polishing and cleanup and shipped to Seattle, Martin’s hometown. Martin eventually sold the boat and I believe the new owners have it still in Seattle.

462-2 The owners are Dave and Dorothy Nagle. They have cruised Hong Kong, the Philippines, back to Hong Kong, crossed the Northern Pacific and are now in Alaska. I understand their goal is a slip in Seattle to use as their base. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/sempergumbi/

462-3 The owners are John and Jerie Milici and their boat was shipped to the US East Coast where the two have lived on it for the last three years while doing some short cruises from their home port in Connecticut. In June they both retired and are now cruising full time.

462-4 The owners are David and Jamie Fritsch. This boat probably has more water under its keel than any other listed here. They left the boatyard and went to Hong Kong, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, back to the Philippines, across the Pacific, down the West Coast of North America, through the Panama Canal, and I believe the boat is on the US Northeast Coast somewhere.

462-5 I’m sitting on this boat so I, Randal Johnson must be one of the owners, Ruth Johnson is the other. We left the boatyard at the beginning of June, 2007, spent one month at Hebe Haven, Hong Kong, ten months in Subic Bay, Philippines, two more months cruising South out of the Philippines to Kota Kinabalu, East Malaysia where we stayed for a month, and then the next several months cruising through Indonesia stopping in Sebana Cove, West Malaysia just six miles East of Singapore. We took the boat over to Singapore for the months of February and March this year. Upon returning to the boat from a visit back to the US by plane in late May, we participated in Sail Malaysia, Passage to The East that ended on August 2nd right back here in Kota Kinabalu where we are now.
Our plan is to take the boat back to West Malaysia, up the West Coast to Langkawi where we will try to get Dora Mac in tip top shape for a passage across the Indian Ocean and up through the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. That’s as far as we have planned but we intend to stay in the Med for several years at least.

462-6 The boat with the chilly name “ICE” belongs to Don and Margie McIntyre. It is calmly awaiting its adventurous owner’s return in Subic Bay, Philippines. At some point Don and Margie intend to take ICE to higher latitudes thus the name.

462-7 Robert Straghan’s boat, the first 462 motorsailor, if you don’t count ICE which has a ketch rig, is still in Subic next to ICE. Robert plans to eventually move the boat to Thailand, his adopted home.

462-9 Bob and Margaret Jack fell into the same trap many of us have when they stopped at Subic on their way to Australia, they stayed. Cheap food, cheap labor, cheap alcohol, cheap alcohol, and of course, cheap alcohol. Oh yeah, and friendly people. I think the Subic Bay Yacht Club is going to be named a Diesel Duck Sanctuary. I told you I was going to make stuff up, for all I know Bob and Margaret don’t drink but I bet they eat.

462-10 Belongs to John and Dena Hesser. There boat was shipped back to the US West Coast and they’re enjoying themselves in wonderful Ensenada, Mexico. FFubar if they won’t let sail assisted trawlers participate.

462-11 Is still under construction but spoken for by a lady in Montreal, Canada.

382-1 Owner Brian Saunders Was the first ¾ version of the 462 built. It cruised the Philippines for awhile back at the beginning of 2008 but was eventually shipped back to the US Northwest Coast where it is based now. I understand it can be bought if the right person comes along. That would be any person with the right attitude. That would be any attitude of any person with the right amount of money. I cry every time I see this video.

382-2 Belongs to none other than that fanciful Frenchman Ben Ben. Ben chose to give his boat the sea trial of a lifetime by taking it from Hong Kong to the Philippines during Typhoon Frank. Both Ben and the boat faired okay but Buoyweather will not soon be forgiven. Ben was in Subic for awhile but his plans were to take it to West Australia and surf forever or until he’s 90 years old. I did see a post somewhere from him saying he would sell the boat. Don’t take that too seriously though. Sometimes in a fit of rage or a moment of paralyzing fear I would give this boat away but it passes and the price skyrockets.

382-3 Dean Phelps is probably having more fun than anyone I know. His boat was shipped back to the US East Coast and is now in Solomons, Maryland where it will participate in the Trawlercrawl at Trawlerfest there next month. Dean is busy taking trips here and there and hopes one day to take the boat with him. I do hear he plans to take it to Lake Michigan next summer------maybe.

382-4 Is in Moscow. If there is any justice in the world the Russians will disassemble the Chinese built boat, duplicate it, and flood the market with cheap copies.

462-S1 This first sedan built on a 462 hull has been shipped to the US West Coast for its owner Hugh Palmer. The boat is being stored near Seattle while Hugh is in Chicago I think. Can you fill us in Hugh?

462-S2 Belongs to Marcia and Kurt Hansen and is nearing completion. My understanding is there will be some cruising around the Hong Kong area before the boat is shipped to their home in Seattle.

There is also a fellow in Singapore, George Petty, who has bought a used Coot in Hong Kong and has done some serious passage making with it, one passage of nine days, two storms, and one of five days.

Location: St Louis, MO | Registered: 22 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are back again in Fiji!!.after.6 months in Tonga, all fun and we will head back next May!! Thanks for a great boat Bill/Stella/Fido...the blog and 100's of Pictures are at www.bluetreasure.me

Lifetime sailing including 1990 BOC Singlehanded Around World Race...many Antarctic sailing expeditions....lived together alone in a box in Antarctica for a year.

Location: Hobart Tasmania Australia | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peking is now at Shelter Bay Marina in Colon getting some bottom paint while we have taken some time to visit kids in the States. We leave this week for Peru land travel. When we return, we will motor up to Guatemala, Rio Dulce. We have loved Panama and will probably go through the canal next year. We still have a lot to see in the Caribbean.

Location: Caribbean Sea | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well ICE is in Fiji right now for the Cyclone season..at VUDA point marina..great Hole!!..Jane has been looking after it while I have been in Antarctica...have tow new crew signed on for this season and are off to Tonga diving??/treasure hunting come mid April...awsome boat..so could be fun..will be blogging on www.bluetreasure.me

Lifetime sailing including 1990 BOC Singlehanded Around World Race...many Antarctic sailing expeditions....lived together alone in a box in Antarctica for a year.

Location: Hobart Tasmania Australia | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All from Highland Duck at present anchored in Kudat Harbour Sabah Malaysia.
Well finally we left Subic on Sunday 21st March 2010 after an enjoyable stay of 9 months our first anchorage was Hamillo Cove just south of Manilla Bay only to bump into Volante owners Ruth & Ralph whom we met in Subic.After three nights in Hamillo we decided to head for Puerta Galera arriving in Puerta Galera & dropped anchor in the Bay next to the Yacht Club as there was no room in the Marina.
Only technical problem encountered was drive belt failure on Prestolite 150 amp Alternator,we took the jeepney to Sabang which was a fishing village right on the Beach (now tourist destination).We met Terry Duckham at yacht Club good contact & very nice person.
Departed Puerta Galera Tues 6th April arrived Romblon Island (the Marble production centre for the Philipines)anchored on private mooring & moved the next day to the town mooring buoy opposite the slaughterhouse which was good anchorage in 70 ft of water & very handy for the town.Moved from Romblon to Boracay arrived 11th April met Friends in Boracay nice tourist spot but very exposed anchorage,we went up to Looc Bay with friends had good anchorage,travelled back to Boracay dropped off Friends then travelled back up to Romblon bought some beautiful Marble,we hired a motorbike & circumnavigated the Island was very beautiful Margaret fell off we had a puncture & it was fixed at the side of the road.From Romblon we headed for Coron on Busuanga Island & met David on Seahorse 52 Santa Maria rafted up to-gether in a beautiful anchorage at Lake Kayangan freshwater lake beautiful Coral very relaxing.
From Coron we did a clockwise trip round Busuanga Island highlight El Rio Del Mar anchored on resort buoy Bob did his Padi-Scuba Diving Course Alex the manager was so very helpful Staff excellent made us feel so welcome.From Coron we went to Culion which at one time was the largest Leper Colony in the World very enjoyable stay good anchorage & very friendly People from Culion we made our way to El Nido one of The Philipines Tourist Meccas again we met up with David on Santa Maria & we had a splendid time snorkelling,kayaking lovely township anchored off Corong Corong Bay was spectacular with Cliffs,teeming with fish was like being in an aquarium they were so tame came right up to the Boat from El Nido we headed for Pancol & had a trip to Tay Tay by jeepney visited the Old Spanish Fort was a beautiful day & the scenery just super we then headed for Port Barton where we spent a few days relaxing & visiting islands & Coral Reefs Port Barton one of our favourite places so easy to just put the dingy on the Beach no worries & Bob lying on a hammock with a couple of cold S M's haha.
we travelled to St Pauls Bay to Sebang & we headed in a jeepney for Peurta Princessa it is a very busy city but we managed to find immigration & extend our visas,from Sebang we travelled to Fish Bay & once again went to PP where we had decided to clear HD out of the Philipines sad!! we visited PP's Yacht Club & met John & Cissy who were very kind to us & made us feel so welcome we learned a lot that morning & we headed back in the jeepney with Rolando the Barangay Captain & lots of People & goods on the jeepney but all good fun.
We left the next morning & headed for Quezon & looked up a friend who runs a Banana Plantation there & after about 70 klms on a trike dirt roads we found the Wonder House by the Beach Miles worked with us in Somalia over 30 yrs ago his wife Venus was there & lo & behold he phoned up from UK Bob was delighted to speak to him & what a surprise for Miles so now we have rekindled an old Friendship what a beautiful place he lives in the country-side was so green & fertile & the Bananas were perfect for selling ,we still had to return as the Heavens opened but Venus organised motorbikes to deliver us safely back to the bridge & to the awaiting trike the driver had come with us so all was well & we had a Happy time.We left on the Mon 5th July heading for Kudat in Malaysia we anchored every night.
For the first time our navionic charts on the chart plotter were not very accurate but with care & attention Bob managed to steer us clear & we proceeded & once we left Palawan the navionics came good much to our relief.Yesterday the radio call came thru from our Australian Friends Mike & Kym & to our surprise were sailing behind us so we came into Kudat to-gether they helped us with Immigration,PPort & the harbourmaster treated us to Lunch & we went shopping & organised the internet much to my enjoyment .
So all in all the weather on our trip was very good Neptune was very kind so we plan to leave here Mon & head for Kota Kinabalou hopefully by the end of the Year we will be in Langkowi.
Performance of Highland Duck has been all we expected & more.
small note our alternator drive belt problem seems to have been resolved by the fitting of shorter belt.
Our transmission heat exchanger failed in Coron fortunately we carried a spare & flushed our transmission fitted new heat exchanger & no more problem .
Hope this finds all Duck owners fit & well will try not to make it so long before the next up date,
Kind Regards,Bob & Margaret.

Location: Bundaberg ,Queensland,Australia | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peking arrived in Trinidad on June 16th after a great trip from Grenada. We are putting her on the hard while we visit kids in Seattle and Shanghai. We will return to Trinidad late August. Our only problem is deciding where to go from here.

Location: Caribbean Sea | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beware of magnetism in steel boats. We have discovered that ours is attracted to docks. It steered itself to the dock here at Puteri Harbour, just NW of Singapore after a lovely passage down from Penang. We day hopped with six nights spent at peaceful anchorages and two nights at the Admiral Marina in Port Dickson.
In a few weeks we will move over to; yip, you guessed it, Sebana Cove Marina. While there we will have some canvas work done including covering the pilothouse side windows with this nifty screening that keeps bugs and most sunlight from coming in but we can see out.
We will also do some off the boat traveling while at Sebana Cove. We have tentatively planned trips to China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and there is one other country I can’t remember. Oh yes, the United States.
In late November we will head back north to have Dora Mac’s bottom done and get her in the best possible shape for the Indian Ocean crossing in January. I promise we’re going this time.

Location: Doing the Diesel Duck Great Loop | Registered: 10 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hola from Puerto Rico. John and I have arrived here from the Dominican Republic. We will leave next week for the Spanish Virgins and continue South down the Spice Islands. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/peking/

posted Hide Post
An update is long over due on our Diesel Duck sedan, SD462-04. We did our final inspection and acceptance last November/December. The boat was loaded on a freighter before Christmas and arrived in Seattle on January 3.

We are pretty darn close to heading out on our summer cruise to Alaska. We'll be buddy boating with the Nagles (DD462-02) for part of the summer.

Our blog site with more details is:
http://mvalpenglow.blogspot.com/

Marcia & Kurt
Alpenglow, SD462-04

Location: Seattle | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tell you, a person or persons can get absolutely stuck to a dock. We have been here at Rebak Marina, Langkawi since December 6th. We did leave for two weeks to go back to China by plane to visit Bill and Stella. It is the same as having a condo on the water. We have satelite TV, wifi on the boat, aircons run 24/7, and I like it.
Every once in awhile you just have to straighten up and say, okay, it’s time to go. Tomorrow morning we will head out toward Thailand. We have laid out a four daylight day trip to Phuket. We have heard some good things about Phuket but we have also heard it is crowded. We anticipate more western style food sources there if we can believe our sources. I do remember Phuket as being a pretty lively place from my bike trip though there in 2000.
I wonder how much the tsunami changed Patong Beach.

Randal

posted Hide Post
Ruth and I are laid back in Langkawi at the Rebak Marina. The marina is situated on a small island off the main island of Langkawi. There is a resort here and a boatyard with haulout but few other capabilities.
On Christmas Day I posted pictures on our web site of our haulout in Penang. www.mydoramac.com
Happy Holidays to everyone,
Randal

posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays to all.
The Peking 462-3 is in Stuart,Florida waiting for our return to continue down to the Bahamas. We are now in Seattle,Washington visiting the girls for the holidays. We will also be visiting with Dave and Dorothy Nagle while we are here. We finally started our blog:
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/peking/
We wish everyone a wonderful holiday and a safe,healthy and happy new year.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who posted here. I guess Ben was serious; he sold his boat.
Ruth and I just arrived in Penang as we work our way up the west coast of the Malay Peninsula. This is supposed to be a great stop so we have planned about a two week layover then on to Langkawi where we will spend Christmas. During those two weeks we have arranged to have the boat pulled out of the water and an antifouling job done.
My comments about getting trapped in PI apply to Malaysia as well I suppose, we have decided to stay here another year. During that year we will visit Thailand with the boat and go back around the tip of the peninsula again to the east side that we enjoyed this summer.
We are also considering off the boat trips to Vietnam, Cambodia, and a trip back to China to take the train to Tibet.
Then it will be a passage across the Indian Ocean beginning in January 2011. We are both excited about getting to the Med.

Randal

posted Hide Post
We are now in Jacksonville, Florida for the next couple of weeks on our trip south. We spent some time in Maryland having flopper stoppers installed as well as new electronics. We also installed an Air-X wind generator, a crane for motor lifting and had our jib rigged so that it is now an easy sail to use.We have used it a lot with good results. We have had no need for our flopper stoppers yet. We put an extra pole on the davit where we installed blocks for fish retrieval. We also welded our wind generator on this pole. We will let you know how it all works out.

Picture of Ben382
posted Hide Post
Duck 382 02 just got a new owner , Amir . It'll be based in Port Klang , Malaysia .
cheers
Ben
www.blogatrip.com

Location: France | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ruth and Randall,
Yes still in Subic and yes we do eat and Bob is known to have an occasional beer but Subic is a bit addictive.We are sorting a few things but hopefully be on our way south in the not too distant future.Hope to meet up with you both some where out there.
Bob and Margaret on Highland Duck
quote:
Originally posted by Ruth & Randal Johnson:
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Location: Bundaberg ,Queensland,Australia | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey Randal...what a good reference...so yes ICE is still there and I don't drink...but just got back from a two day Photo and Video shoot of ICE to set up a new web site...so all the Duck Fans stand Bye...should be up with some interesting announcements in about a month...Just set up a China office too?? and managed to catch Swine flu but did not get locked up so now in London about to hold a Press conference to Launch www.bountyboat.com and one day I am dreaming of playing with a ICE...Oh the fun of being a Dreamer???

posted Hide Post
Peking 462-3 is now at the 79th Street boat basin in New York City. We will be heading south on Monday and plan to be in the Chesapeake until October before heading South. Retirement is great. We have been living aboard for 3 years and now are ready to see the world. We will be at TrawlerFest in Solomans, Maryland in early October.

posted Hide Post
Randall,

Nice post. I've been trying to track Ben down but to no avail. Last I heard he was on his way to Borneo.

Sedan Duck #1, Umiak is currently in Olympia. I had it shipped from the yard just over a year ago and we (Elena, my wonderful wife, Alec (5) and Evan (7) my two awesome crewmembers/sons and I) did a variety of short shake-down cruises, which I highly reccomend as quite a bit shook out, though nothing out of the ordinary.

We just completed a 5 week trip, (hey, I'm not retired for me that is pretty long!!) up to Desolation Sound, Discovery Islands and the Broughtons. On the way we met 382-1 Traveler, in Vancouver and got to spend some time with him. A very nice guy if I do say so.

The cruising was amazing and the boat is a joy to use. The kids loved it and it was a great time for the family.

Umiak is back in Olympia waiting for our next trip, we live in Chicago. I've done years of sailing and cruising in Chicago so we wanted to have the boat some place that allowed for a little more adventure.

My only ongoing issues that I still wrestle with are the GPS compass and the ComNav units. We have the Iveco NEF 150, cruising speed in the 6.5-7.0 range at 2-3 miles per gallon. At closer to max rpm it runs around 8.5knots and 5-6gph. The sail assist does drop consumption at cruising speed by about 1/2 gallon or more depending upon wind speed and heading. The floppers work well and I'm glad to have them. The Iveco is a little noisey so I added a dry pre-muffler that helped quite a bit. A large percentage of the remaining noise is from the air intake suprisingly and I will address that next. However, most power boaters, I come from a sailing background, say the boat noise is normal to a little quieter than normal so it is probably me more than anything else.

The Sedan Duck is an awesome boat and the number of compliments on it was impressive. Congrats to George, Bill and Seahorse!

Hugh

posted Hide Post
Randal - Thanks for starting this post and giving a great compilation of the boats.

Some corrections and additions to the Sedan series boats:
SD462-02 is being purchased by Asrar Zubair of Seattle (or thereabouts)
SD462-03 is being purchased by John Douglas of Honolulu (?)
SD462-04 is our boat
SD462-05 is currently unclaimed to our knowledge

While we are hull number 4 in the sedan series, we're racing neck and neck with Zubair to be the next one out of the SHM yard. We are planning on spending one or two months in Hong Kong shaking bugs out of the boat before shipping it back to Seattle. We believe Zubair is intending to ship his boat back directly.

With some luck, we hope we can buddy-boat with the Nagles back to Alaska next cruising season.

Marcia & Kurt
Alpenglow, SD462-04

Location: Seattle | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post